Visit our Facebook page for the latest information on all our current projects!
Thanks to our donors’ continued generosity, Bonnie’s Book Foundation is currently working on several ongoing initiatives to get books to children and schools in need.
2013 & 2014
- BBF partnered with Junebug Mother and Child, a maternity and children’s resale store, to host a children’s book drive during the month of March 2013 in Middlebury, VT. We collected and re-homed over 1200 new and gently used children’s books for all ages from this book drive. Thank you for your support!
- Summer reading distributions galore in NC and VT! Books went out to students at Bugg Elementary, Yates Mill Elementary, and Davis Drive Elementary in Wake County, to name a few, and in Addison County to Mary Hogan ES, Weybridge ES, Salisbury Community School, and Cornwall ES, among others!
- We were excited to partner with several other organizations in Wake County, NC with similar missions as ours, including Note in the Pocket, Read and Feed, Literacy Council of Wake County, and Books Are Magic, to help get books to the children they serve. Let’s hear it for nonprofit mutual aid!
- In February 2013, BBF donated a large collection of non-fiction titles to the libraries and classrooms of several rural Vermont schools, including Shoreham Elementary School, Orwell Village School, Ripton School, Mary Hogan School, and Cornwall School. A big thank you to the librarians at these schools for partnering with BBF!
- We sent dozens of copies of comforting childhood classics The Snowy Day and Corduroy to be distributed by the Occupy Sandy NJ Relief Effort
- Moonlight Swirl Frozen Yogurt ran a terrific book drive over Veterans’ Day weekend that netted almost 300 books
- The amazing students, teachers and parents at Thales Academy in Wake Forest, NC collected over 1200 books in their school book drive
- Children at Brentwood Elementary, a Title I school in Raleigh, NC, received 1000 books to add to their home libraries
- BBF hosted a “free book fair” at Leicester Central School in Leicester, VT. At this small, rural school, where 60% of the students qualify for the free and reduced lunch program, each child was able to choose three books to add to their home libraries. BBF donated more than 60 books to the school library and classrooms as well.
- BBF donated more than 300 books to HOPE (Helping Overcome Poverty’s Effects), a social service agency in Middlebury, VT. The books were distributed through their Christmas Shop and Giving Tree programs which provide books and toys for low-income families during the holiday season.
- Over 150 books were distributed as holiday gifts to children living in foster families via the Foster and Adoptive Parents of Addison County. The children were excited to be able to pick out their own books at the organization’s annual holiday party.
October & November 2012
- In an ongoing collaboration with the Wake County Child Health clinic, we provided 900 books in November to children receiving pediatric care
- BBF recently gave a grant to the school library at Mary Hogan Elementary School in Middlebury, VT. We are also providing books to the school’s Success Center for the children’s home libraries.
- We donated approximately 200 books to the Wide Open Charitable Foundation’s Toy Chest event, which will put those books in the hands of children receiving cancer treatment at the UNC Children’s Hospital in Chapel Hill, NC.
- We are providing books to all the kids enrolled in the Early Education Program of Addison Central Supervisory Union (ACSU) in Vermont, which serves preschoolers with special needs.
- Throughout September and October we distributed nearly 1500 books in English and Spanish to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Wake County, NC.
- BBF delivered hundreds of new books to the Addison County Parent/Child center in Vermont. This is in addition to the previous BBF grant that provided new books for their classrooms.
- BBF provided a grant to provide brand new books to all the children (365 kids, ages 0-5) enrolled in the Champlain Valley Head Start program in Vermont.
- BBF provided books for the home libraries of every student at Hope Elementary School in Raleigh, North Carolina. We continue to work with this limited-resource school to expand its tiny library and classroom collections.
- We are the ongoing supplier of books for children receiving primary care at the Wake County Child Health Clinic in North Carolina, where kids are given books at every well-child visit (over 5000 visits a year!).
- Through DonorsChoose.org, we funded 12 teacher-designed literacy projects at high poverty schools in California, Michigan, Texas, New York, North Carolina and Colorado.
- BBF launched its new branding and website.
- BBF delivered a large order of brand new books to the Addison County Parent Child Center in Vermont.
- Lulu.com hosted an office book drive and collected 465 books for BBF.
- KPMG‘s summer interns held a fundraiser and bought brand new books for the third graders at Hope Charter Elementary School in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- BBF received thousands (yes, thousands) of books from Magic Tree House, thanks to the amazing folks at First Book! Many books have already found new homes through the Wake County Child Health Clinic in North Carolina.
- Thanks to the generous support of our donors, BBF was able to fully fund the entire book list requested by a teacher at KIPP Elementary, a charter school in Charlotte, NC, through DonorsChoose.org.
- BBF hosted a book drive with the kindergarten and 1st grade classes at The Raleigh School in Raleigh, NC. They collected an amazing 521 books.